Navigate to Select Lake or Project  Navigate to Select State  Navigate to Select Activity  Skip navigation header
 US Army Corps of Engineers Logo  Corps Lakes Title  Corps Lakes Title
 Link to CorpsLakes Home  Activity Photo  Activity Photo
370 million visits a year at 404 lakes in 43 states!    Corps Lakes Facebook   Corps Lakes YouTube
Print Friendly Version
Summary of Recreation Fee Discount Passes


Changes in Age and Disability Discount Passes for Recreation Fees

 Graphic of Pass
 Graphic of Pass

    The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and other federal agencies no longer issue Golden Age and Golden Access Passports as of January 1, 2007. These passports have been replaced with the America the Beautiful – the National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass: an Interagency Senior Pass for age-related discounts and an Interagency Access Pass for disability-related discounts.

    The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers cannot sell or issue the America the Beautiful passes, because the Corps was not included in the legislation that set up the program. However, the Corps does accept and provide discounts for the Interagency Senior and Interagency Access Passes or previously issued Golden Age or Access Passports at Corps-managed areas*. If a previously issued Golden Age or Access Passports is lost, stolen, or worn out, a new pass must be obtained.

    The only agencies authorized to issue the new Interagency Senior and Interagency Access Passes are:

    National Park Service
    U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
    U.S. Forest Service
    Bureau of Land Management

    The Annual passes can be purchased on-line or at offices of the above agencies. The Interagency Senior and Interagency Access Passes must be obtained in person at any of the issuing agencies. The Corps strongly suggests that you call ahead to verify pass availability and office hours before visiting an agency location. For more pass information see Frequently Asked Questions or call 1-888-ASK-USGS

    * On Corps lands, America the Beautiful Pass discounts are accepted only at Corps-managed areas. There are other parks managed by other entities, such as State Parks, that are not required to accept the passes. However, please check with them to see if they offer other discounts.

Information on the Interagency Annual Pass

 Graphic of America the Beutiful Pass

    This pass cannot be used at Corps parks. The Interagency Annual Pass can be used at certain parks managed by the other agencies listed above. For more information on this pass go to or call 1-888-ASK-USGS

 Link to Corps Lakes Home  

Privacy and Security Notice
Technical Problems
Updated: May 2014