- Costs: Each SME's district is responsible for labor costs incurred for this initiative. TDY costs will be required for a 1-week content development/update workshop if the page content requires workshop attendance. No additional TDY requirements are anticipated. SME activities will be conducted using telephone conferencing, web casts, and electronic mail as much as possible.
- Equipment & software requirements: Each SME's district shall provide access to a PC typical of that used by NRM employees in the district represented, with Corps standard software and Internet access. This does NOT have to be a dedicated machine, as the NRM Gateway is to be designed for accessibility from any standard Corps PC.
- IM Support: If problems are experienced accessing the site, or if software (i.e., Adobe Reader) upgrades seem necessary to view content, each SME Team member shall coordinate first with their local IM representative to resolve the issue. If the problem cannot be solved locally, contact the NRM Gateway Web Developer.
- Estimate of Time involved: The following are estimates based on previous SME experience. Time will vary based on program activity and individual approach to the tasks:
- 1-week - Attendance at Content Development/Update Workshop.
- 2-days - Provide materials to the web developer based on content development decisions made at the workshop.
- 2-hours - Thoroughly review the site after notification that the web developer has posted materials from the workshop. Submit comments in accordance with the due date established by the web developer.
- 2-hours - Update the page when notified that the web developer has posted additional content or made significant format changes to the site.
- 2-hours/quarter - Routinely review and update the site quarterly or as required.
- 2-hours/month - Respond to on-going email/phone inquiries from NRM team members about posted content
- o 2-hours/month - Evaluate and forward Good Enough to Share and Lessons Learned submissions to the web developer for posting. Review Rec-Net and ES-Net Q&A’s and notify the web developer of any related Q&A items to be cross-posted to your page.
- Varies (usually only brief email or phone call required) - Coordinate with Headquarters POC before submitting non-routine items for posting
- Length of Commitment:
- PDT Chairs: Concurrent with appointment (SME duties can be delegated to a team member)
- All other SMEs: Minimum of 1-year. Indefinite tenure.
How to Get Involved
Content Development Workshops
Gateway To Go
List of Current SMEs
Field Review Group
CoP Functions on the Gateway
Corps Lakes Gateway Initiative
Policy & Procedures
ERDC Gateway Factsheet
How to Cite