||Development of a Website for the Recreation Program is identified as a priority initiative by attendees at the Fall 1999 RMSP Meeting. Kathleen Perales is the Principal Investigator, and Susan Shampine is named the RMSP proponent for the effort.|
||Preliminary Website Working Group meeting is held at WES to begin planning for site development.|
||Spring 2000 RMSP Meeting participants are presented with the strawman of the site, and add further support for the initiative.|
|July - November 2000
||Dr. Bonnie F. Bryson is detailed to WES to coordinate initial content development for a prototype Website.|
||First meeting of the full Working Group to guide Website development is held at Michigan State University.
- Programs for potential content development and posting on the Website were identified. With the focus on in-house audience, recommended that not only Recreation topic areas but also those for Environmental Compliance and Environmental Stewardship be addressed in the initial announcement of the initiative to the field.
- Recommended the site be called the NRM Website instead of Recreation Website.
||CECW-ON memorandum to the field announces the initiative and requests that Districts and Divisions identify POCs for programs listed, SMEs for Website topic area content development, and Field Reviewers for the Website.|
||Fall 2000 RMSP Meeting participants are shown the prototype site. The group prioritizes topic areas for initial content development. |
||Second meeting of the Working Group is held in Washington, DC:· The Website initiative is renamed the NRM Gateway.
- Attendees for the first Content Development Workshop are identified based on review of RMSP prioritization of Recreation topic areas for initial content development.
- Dr. Bonnie Bryson's association with the initiative is defined as that of Recreation Technical Coordinator.
- CECW-ON staff names Dr. Michael A. Loesch as the Environmental Stewardship (ES) Technical Coordinator so that identification of topic areas and SMEs for ES content development can proceed.
|2 February 2001
||CECW-ON memorandum to the field appoints Content SMEs and describes their roles in Recreation topic area content development. The memo also identifies invitees to the first NRM Gateway Content Development Workshop.|
|20-23 February 2001
||First NRM Gateway Content Development Workshop for Recreation topic areas is held in Louisville, KY.|
|16 March 2001
||CECW-ON memorandum to the field appoints members of the Field Review Group and identifies their roles in reviewing Gateway site development.|
|10 April 2001
||NRM Gateway's grand opening coincides with the NRM National Meeting in Portland, OR.|
||Second NRM Gateway Content Development Workshop for Recreation topic areas held in Louisville, KY.|
||The NRM Gateway Team is awarded NSPR's William Penn Mott, Jr. Award for Excellence|
||Third NRM Gateway Content Development Workshop for Recreation topic areas held concurrently with first workshop for Environmental Compliance topics in Louisville, KY.|
||Second NRM Gateway Content Development Workshop for Environmental Compliance topic areas held in Louisville, KY.|
||First NRM Gateway Content Development Workshop to develop Goodtime Lake knowledge management component scheduled for Louisville, KY.|
||Third NRM Gateway Content Development workshop for Environmental Compliance topic areas scheduled for Savannah, GA.|