- In 2006, CE lakes served more than 372 million person-trips across the nation.
- Visitors to Corps lakes spent $18 billion on trip expenses and durable goods
- To local communities:
- $8 billion spent by visitors on trip expenses in communities around Corps lakes.
- This spending directly supported 77,000 jobs and generated $2.4 billion value added to the local communities.
- With multiplier effects, this spending supported 105,000 jobs and generated $3.9 billion value added to the local communities.
- To the U.S. economy:
Regional Multiplier Lookup Page
Economics of Outdoor Recreation
Recreation Economic Assessment System
PowerPoint Presentation for REAS Model
National Economic Development
Value to the Nation Economic Impact of Recreation